DATE & TIME: Tuesday, August 29, 2017 at 7:00 pm
LOCATION: Peninsula Sinai Congregation, 499 Boothbay Avenue, Foster City, CA
TICKETS: $36 per person to cover the cost of the reception
PROCEEDS: Donation proceeds fund the Beyond Genocide Campaign providing education and advocacy for Yezidis, professional services for other helping Yezidis and subsistence grants for college students. We are volunteer staffed; we pay no rent or salaries.
DESSERT BUFFET: Jewish and Muslim dietary laws observed.
YEZIDIS TARGETED FOR GENOCIDE – Click for details.
KEYNOTE SPEAKER: MIR SALEM DAOUD, Head Yezidi religious leader in the U.S. and Canada; President, Ezidi North American Federation.
HONOREE: REV. VICTOR H. KAZANJIAN, JR., Executive Director, United Religions Initiative with over 835 cooperation circles in 99 countries around the globe.
Campaign Angels ($20,000 minimum) Campaign Angels contribute $20,000 or more. (We are happy to list the specific amount of your donation if you wish.) Angels are entitled to 12 Gala tickets, two full pages in our electronic tribute book and photo ops with our honorees, keynote speaker and the Yezidi Council.
Heroes and Heroines ($10,000 minimum) Heroes and Heroines donate $10,000. Heroes and Heroines are entitled to 8 Gala tickets, two full page ads in our electronic tribute book; photo op with our honorees, keynote speaker and the Yezidi Council.
Underwriters ($5,000 minimum) Underwriters contribute $5,000 or more. Underwriters are entitled to 6 Gala tickets, two full page ads in our electronic tribute book and a photo op with our honorees and keynote speaker.
Institutional Sponsors ($1,000 minimum or e-blasts plus $750) Institutional Co-Sponsors are entitled to 2 Gala tickets and a full page ad in our electronic tribute book.
• Jewish Community Federation of San Francisco, the Peninsula, Marin & Sonoma Counties
• Islamic Networks Group
• East Bay Council of Rabbis
• Peninsula Sinai Congregation
Individual Sponsors ($1,000 minimum) Individual Sponsors donate $1000 or more and are entitled to 2 Gala tickets and a full page ad in our electronic tribute book.
• Rabbi Stacy Friedman, Congregation Rodef Sholom, San Rafael, CA
Host Committee ($500 minimum) Host Committee donate $500. Host Committee are each entitled to a full page in our electronic tribute book. Tickets to the gala may be purchased separately.
• Rabbi Ruth Adar
• Herb Behrstock, United Nations Association-USA, Northern California Division
• Rabbi Allen Bennett, Board of Rabbis
• Nina Bhaisa, Silicon Valley Interreligious Council
• Rabbi James Brandt, JCF of the East Bay
• Rabbi Barnett Brickner, Temple Israel of Alameda; East Bay Council of Rabbis
• Maha Elgenaidi, Islamic Network Groups, San Jose, CA
• Rabbi Nat Ezray, Congregation Beth Jacob, Redwood City; Board of Rabbis
• Rabbi Ted Feldman, B’nai Israel Jewish Center, Petaluma; Board of Rabbis
• Bab Freiberg, JCF of S.F., the Peninsula, Marin & Sonoma Counties
• Danny Grossman, JCF of S.F., the Peninsula, Marin & Sonoma Counties
• Sari Heidenreich, United Religions Initiative
• Rabbi Margie Jacobs, Board of Rabbis
• Steve Leibman, JCF of S.F., the Peninsula, Marin & Sonoma Counties
• Rabbi Chai Levy, Congregation Kol Shofar, Board of Rabbi
• Rabbi Dana Magat, Temple Emanu-El, San Jose; Board of Rabbis
• Rabbi Larry Raphael, Congregation Sherith Israel, San Francisco; Board of Rabbis
• Alix and Sam Salkin, Sinai Memorial Chapel
• Rabbi David Teitelbaum, Congregation Beth Jacob, Redwood City; Board of Rabbis
• Gina Waldman, JIMENA
• Rabbi Eric Weiss, Board of Rabbis, Bay Area Jewish Healing Center
• United Muslims of America Interfaith Alliance
• Congregation Sherith Israel
• Iftekhar Hai, UMA Interfaith Alliance
• Rabbi Jessica Kirschner, Religious Action Center of Reform Judaism
•Rabbi Peretz Wolf-Prusan, Lehrhaus-Judaica
Participants ($249 and below)
• Rabbi Amy Eilberg
• Bab Freiberg, Jewish Community Federation of San Francisco, the Peninsula, Marin & Sonoma Counties
• Rabbi Sarah Graff
• Rabbi Samantha Kahn
• Heather E Rosnow
• Rabbi Pam Frydman
Gala Honorary Co-Chairs
• Bishop William E. Swing, founder and President, United Religions Initiative
• Rev. William McGarvey, Executive Director, Interfaith Council of Contra Costa County
• Dr. Ejaz Naqvi, Islamic Center of Zahra, Interfaith Council of Contra Costa County
• Rev. Kenneth Chambers, Interfaith Council of Alameda County
• Linda Crawford, Interfaith Center at the Presidio, San Francisco
• Rabbi Corey Helfand, Peninsula Sinai Congregation
• Rt. Rev. Andrew Kille, Chair, Silicon Valley Interreligious Council
• Rev. Scott Quinn, Interim Executive Director, Marin Interfaith Council
Campaign Sponsors These are the organizations that sponsor the Beyond Genocide Campaign supporting Yezidis facing genocide.
• Board of Rabbis of Northern California
• Interfaith Council of Contra Costa County
• Interfaith Center at the Presidio, San Francisco
• Marin Interfaith Council
• Silicon Valley Interreligious Council
in concert with • United Religions Initiative
• Keynote Speaker Mir Salem Daoud – Yezidi religious head in the U.S. and Canada
• Presentation to Fatih Ates by Maha Elgenaidi, Executive Director, Islamic Networks Group
• Presentation to Reverend Kazanjian (via video) by Bishop William E. Swing, Founder and President, United Religions Initiative
• Presentation to Rabbi Goodman by Rabbi Allen Bennett, Rabbi Emeritus, Temple Israel of Alameda; Executive Committee, Board of Rabbis of Northern California
• Mir Salem Daoud and Mrs. Adiba Daoud
• Mr. Hussein Alhmka
• Mr. Omar Hussein
• Mr. Tom Weber
• Mr. Sam Daoud
• Mr. Saad Daoud